Monday, March 10, 2014

Nick Blog Post for the Month of March

For my project, I decided to code my own game. I looked into different coding languages, such as Hammer and Python, but decided to use Java, because I already have a small background using it. I learned about different classes and variables, as well as global variables. I also learned about different websites I could use to market my game if I was satisfied with the results, and found an online compiler called Browxy, which I can use to code with.

I created a flowchart for how my game would play, and then began coding. It took approximately two minutes to wonder just what the hell I had gotten myself into. I started by planning out a rough sketch of how the player would progress through the code, and began programming the different classes. I then wrote out how the Main class would work, and started to code it. I am currently almost done with the basic skeleton of my code, and plan to start having people test when I finish.