Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Chrispin Wendell Blog Entry For March

For the past month, I have been at the help desk to study Java programming. The online sites 
don’t help much in helping to understand how the language fits together, but there are some 
books that are more helpful. In phase 2, I hope to start writing simple programs such as the 
traditional “Hello World” program I recently created. I think that once I know how the language 
fits together, I will learn quickly, because it happens to be closely related to another language I know. 

I am learning the language because it is one of the most popular languages in the world, and 
because that language is necessary to make applications for Android. Once I have a better 
understanding of how to program in Java, I will probably make an app that allows students to 
view homework from their phone, since no one can find it on Aspen.