Friday, October 3, 2014

A Journey Through Poland - Backwards

An RPN calculator



My idea for my RPN calculator has grown. I've decided which languages I will use and in which order:
  1. JavaScript
  2. Polymer
  3. Go
  4. Node.js
  5. C++
I don't actually know Go, Node.js, and C++, so I really want to use this opportunity to learn some languages that I don't know. To do this, I'll use my Acer C720 Chromebook running Arch Linux under Crouton. I have a lot of steps to go through before I start coding though. First I need to remind myself how Reverse Polish Notation calculators work. I'll then have to create pseudo-code (it's a big project) and then code in a comfortable language, probably JavaScript. I also want to adapt it for Polymer because there is a Polymer DevFest in November that I will be attending, and I want to have something to show off. At that point, the job will be difficult due to the change in languages.
Polymer! Yay!