Monday, April 14, 2014

Crispin's Formative Project / Blog Post

During my time at the help desk, I have been studying  a programming language called Java.  I have learned enough to create two simple programs:  The Hello World program, and a program designed to drive the user crazy by having the user enter an infinite amount of numbers but making it seem like the computer will
eventually do something with them.

Learning is slow, and I have only memorized a few terms used in the language.  My prediction is that by the end of the year, I will be able to program simple things like calculators, and other things that don’t need internet in order to work, and nothing more.  The help desk itself has been okay even though there aren’t many people there on gold days.  I look forward to more time at the help desk, and I hope I  will accomplish more than I expect to.