Friday, April 4, 2014

Parth's Formative Project / Blog Post

Hi I am Parth Valecha. For the past month, I have been adding to my project on the FreeBuds headphones. I did some research on how to make a high-quality and durable set of headphones. On the product development side, I seem to be set. The design will be behind the neck to provide free motion, and the tips will be designed to stay in the ear and provide noise-isolation. There will also be two balanced drivers in each ear bud. One driver will support mid-high frequencies, and the other will support the bass. The stereos will be 13.5 mm to provide powerful and loud music. The layout of the buttons will also be designed to be easy to reach and fairly simple. I have recently started the marketing part.

For April, I’m going to start the marketing part. For the marketing, instead of talking about the marketing analysis and research, I’m going to talk about how my company is going to attract and appeal to our customers. What’s interesting about the marketing is that it is mainly based on a certain attitude relatable to our customers. Our customers are generally teens who play sports. What our company promotes is hard work and freewill, two things teens experience and live with throughout their high school lives. The way the people of the company live their life will reflect these two themes, and everything we do is in order to achieve these things. It will be very different from the bland marketing of today’s headphones industry. That is what I’m going to be working on for April.