Wednesday, April 29, 2015

In Regards to My Project

I have mainly researched Java and programming in general for my project. By programming I mean certain syntaxes of Java and the process in which code is thought of, written, compiled, and executed. My blogs have centered around technology in general and how my project is working. The kinds of technology I write about and use is encompassed by both hardware and software, such as my Macbook Pro for all my tasks, Netbeans 8.0.1 paired with Java 8 to write and run code, along with a powerpoint presentation that is going to accompany my code in the final presentation. This presentation will consist of how my code works, what my program does, how I made the program, an interactive demonstration.

I started developing late last year (around December when the project itself was assigned for the class), and decided it because I wanted to make a game for my final in Intro to Java. After much thinking about how I could practically implement a game into java without plagiarizing, I thought of hangman. So I started developing it by making the basics (how blank spaces would be shown, how letters would be entered, how letters would replace the spaces, etc.). I have continued to develop it throughout this course and have made improvements gradually.
Screen Shot 2015-04-27 at 9.45.05 AM.png
A snippet of code of how a pregenerated word is chosen for the program


Screen Shot 2015-04-27 at 9.48.53 AM.png

How the program looks in the IDE output window