Thursday, September 18, 2014

Google Apps Script


I’ve been having a lot of fun this year. I’m the only student who was at the help desk last year. The help desk is more organized this year, and I have non-project responsibilities now. Me and Will made a webcast for the teachers on how to use Google Forms. I also made a Google Form / Google App Script for the teachers to sign out the mac carts. Google App Scripts was easy to learn because it has the same syntax as Javascript (ECMAScript 5.0). It was fun making a small project for the school. There are many more people this time. Last time, I was the only student in the Lab, but now I’m joined with a lot of others. So that’s my first 2 weeks so far, I spent most of it on the script.

I still am not so sure what I want to make, though it'll probably be an RPN calculator made in several languages. An example RPN calculator: